Welcome Back YYC Contest
Last Updated July 22, 2021
HELCIM'S WELCOME BACK CALGARY 2021 CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for entry in the Contest, you must
- Be a legal resident of Alberta; and
- Be of the age of majority.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 10:00 a.m. Mountain Daylight Time (“MDT”) on July 14, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. MDT on October 1, 2021 (the “Contest Period“) after which time the Contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted.
- HOW TO ENTER.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
- To enter into the Contest,
- take a photo with the Helcim info card provided by the Sponsor’s representatives during the Contest Period (the “Photo”);
- post the Photo on Instagram; and
- tag @HelcimInc with #HelcimLovesYYC.
- Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
- Entries received shall be deemed to be submitted by the Instagram account holder associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “Instagram account holder” is defined as the natural person who caused the photo to be posted to Instagram, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Any entrant may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that they are the Instagram account holder associated with their entry.
- PRIZE. There are five (5) prizes (the “Prizes”) available to be won by the Prize winners (“Winners”) each consisting of one (1) VISA gift card valued at one hundred dollars ($100.00).
- WINNER SELECTION.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) their participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity; (b) the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize; or (c) any breach of the Contest Rules. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the entrant’s participation in the Contest, without limitation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses or replies, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, and/or the Contest website.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant is deemed to have executed and agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest website and made available throughout the Contest Period. Each entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations is owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- SOCIAL MEDIA. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter. Any personal information provided in connection with the Contest is being provided to Sponsor and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Sponsor.
You are not eligible for entry if you are an employee of Helcim Inc. (the “Sponsor”).
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification.
The Sponsor and/or the Sponsor’s representatives will contact the Winners to coordinate the provision of the Prize within two (2) days once such Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
Winner must comply with the Contest Rules.
Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any unused, unclaimed or declined portion of the Prize will be forfeited, have no cash value and the Sponsor shall have no obligation to provide either an alternative or value-in-kind. The Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
The Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
On or about October 2, 2021 in Calgary, Alberta, five (5) entrants will be selected by a random method from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor.
THE SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY INSTAGRAM MESSAGE NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 11 , 2021 AT 9:00 A.M. MDT AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected Instagram account holder must reply by Instagram message no later than the indicated deadline set out in the Contest Rules and/or the notification. By responding to the Instagram message, and accepting the Prize, the entrant agrees to grant Sponsor a perpetual, royalty free, worldwide license to use the Photo as well as the Winner’s name and likeness for any purpose relating to the Contest and the exploitation thereof. If the selected entrant does not respond accordingly, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsor’s sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant’s response.
If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.